The procurement department encompasses the supplies functions of stock and non-stock ordering including inventory management, contracting and strategic purchasing
"Our department is responsible for the delivery of contracting within a portfolio of goods and services with an annual spend of circa £250m. We strive to support our Directorates to deliver effective solutions which provide value for money in line with the Trust and Legal requirements.
I hope the information on this site is useful but please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries."
Associate Director of Procurement, Vanessa Jinks.
The teams within the procurement department are as follows:
- Systems and catalogue team
- Supply chain team including inventory management and receipts and distribution based on all three of our sites.
- Category management and purchasing team based at Frimley Park Hospital and Heatherwood Hospital.
The procurement department was one of the first teams in south east England to achieve the NHS Standards of Procurement Level 2.
- A full materials management service to all clinical wards and departments
- Inventory management rolling out across all clinical areas
- Dedicated category management leads to all Trust directorates
- Three procurement clinical nurse specialists working alongside our category managers
Sustainable procurement and social value
The Trust is committed to sustainable procurement practices, as shown through our Trust Green Plan.
The Department is including Social Value within its tenders and is strongly committed to the delivery of mutual benefits arising from working together with our suppliers in this area.