Updated visitor guidance for maternity areas - response to COVID-19 coronavirus
From 15 September 2020 visiting arrangements for maternity services at Frimley Park Hospital and Wexham Park Hospital will be as follows:
We encourage all women and support partners to attend appointments on time and wait outside the hospital if they arrive early. These arrangements will be reviewed again on 1 November.
- All antenatal/postnatal appointments in midwifery hubs and antenatal clinics: Women can attend the appointment with one support partner. Due to space limitations, support partners should stand behind your chair in the waiting area.
- Ultrasound appointments: Women can attend the appointment with one partner. Due to space limitations, supporting partners should stand behind your chair in the waiting area.
- Attending maternity triage, day assessment unit or maternity assessment unit: The waiting areas are too small to accommodate social distancing, women should not bring a partner into these areas. We aim to keep appointments as short a possible to minimise time in these areas.
- Antenatal ward/ induction of labour: One support partner can accompany you between 9am and 9pm. This should be the same person supporting you during labour.
- Birth in labour ward and birth centre: One support partner can be in the room in the birth centre or ward for the duration of a woman's time there. Partners are asked not to used any of the shared facilities.
- Elective caesarean sections: One support partner can be present from admission. during theatre and remain on the postnatal ward in line with postnatal visiting rules.
- Postnatal ward/ transitional care unit: One support partner can attend between 9am and 9pm. This should be the same person who was present during labour.
We appreciate your support in helping to keep service users and staff safe during this time.