Updated visitor guidance for maternity areas - response to COVID-19 coronavirus
From 26 June 2020 visiting arrangements for maternity services at Frimley will be as follows:
- For women who are being admitted for an induction of labour, one person can be present for the first hour of the induction of labour process. The person attending with you should be the same person who will be your birth support.
- Visiting on the antenatal ward can occur between 2pm and 4pm. This is restricted to one visitor who should be the same person who will be your birth support.
- One birth partner can be present during labour and the immediate postnatal period on the labour ward/birth centre/ theatre.
- For births that have occurred in theatre, one birth partner will be permitted on to the postnatal ward for 30 minutes following transfer.
- Visiting on the postnatal ward can occur between 2pm and 4pm. This is restricted to one visitor who should be the same person who was present during birth.
- Visitors must follow social distancing advice, wear a face covering at all times and ensure good hand hygiene.
- Once within the department, visitors should not be leaving and returning to the ward.
- We are still NOT able to safely facilitate partners being present during appointments, scans or check-ups.
We appreciate your support in helping to keep service users and staff safe during this time.