Frimley Health and Care Integrated Care System (ICS)
ICSs now have legal powers and responsibilities as they work to improve the health and wellbeing of their residents by bringing health and social care together.
Newly created structures will oversee different functions of the systems, ensuring the community and voluntary sector, local authority and NHS are all represented.
East Berkshire, Surrey Heath, Farnham and North East Hampshire are all part of the Frimley Health and Care Integrated Care System. The system includes:
- The Frimley Public Services Partnership – bringing local authorities together with the NHS to help explore the wider factors involved in health and helping to reduce health inequality.
- NHS Frimley, or the Frimley Integrated Care Board – led by NHS, local authority and primary care (GP) representatives and responsible for the planning and funding of most health services provided to the area’s 800,000 people.
- The Frimley Provider Collaborative – made up of organisations providing services, such as NHS Trusts.
You can find out more about the different parts of the system on the ICS website.
Epic Electronic Patient Record system (EPR)
We want to provide the best possible state-of-the-art care to our patients at Frimley Health. That’s why we’ve implemented an Electronic Patient Record system (EPR). Our Epic EPR will transform care for our patients and staff across all Frimley Health hospitals and sites.
Our Epic EPR enables us to have all the information we need about our patients in one easily accessible place. It replaces the 200-plus legacy systems we had in the Trust, and we now hold just one record for every patient, helping us understand and plan for better care and provide excellent services for all our patients.
We understand how valued Heatherwoood Hospital is by the local community. Following extensive public consultation, our plans including a residential development, a new hospital offering operating theatres, inpatient beds, day case surgery, diagnostics and outpatient services were backed by the Royal Borough and Windsor and Maidenhead's planners. This will secure hospital services at Heatherwood for future generations. Building work is due to start in the autumn of 2018.
And it doesn’t stop there…
- We have invested £1m at Wexham Park Hospital in a new catheter lab to support our 24/7 emergency heart attack service.
- We have opened a state-of-the-art emergency assessment centre (EAC) at Wexham Park Hospital
- We have improved facilities for maternity and women's services at Wexham Park Hospital, include en-suite rooms, a transitional care area where babies that need a little more support can stay with mum, extra birthing pools, and separate facilities for antenatal and gynaecology services
- We are match funding what you raised already through Frimley Health Charity to develop a new breast care unit at Frimley Park Hospital.
- A new endoscopy unit and CT scanner opened at Heatherwood Hospital.
- We are spending millions of pounds in general improvements and maintenance across the Wexham Park Hospital site to create a better environment.
- We are planning a new diagnostics scanning centre at Frimley Park Hospital to enhance our diagnostic services.
- We have opened Surrey's first acute renal (kidney) ward at Frimley Park Hospital.