Plans that are transforming health and care locally
Frimley Health and Care Integrated Care System (ICS) is a partnership of organisations working together to improve health and care services for the 800,000 people in the local area, with a shared vision for the best use of combined resources to make a positive difference for communities, residents, patients and staff.
You can find out more about Frimley Health and Care on the NHS England website.
Building better care at Frimley Health
At Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust we have more exciting plans to invest in services to support the ICS. In creating Frimley Health in 2014 we not only wanted to drive up the quality of services to be consistent across the Trust, but also to improve the facilities from which they are delivered. All of the Trust strategies are aligned with the ICS objectives to make a better experience for our patients, visitors and staff.
Emergency assessment centre
The 9,300sq m, four-storey project will bring our Wexham Park Hospital emergency department, ambulatory care and assessment units together under one roof. It will improve the hospital experience for our patients and provide a better working environment for our staff.
Construction work began in April 2017 and we expect to move in early in 2019.
We understand how valued Heatherwoood Hospital is by the local community. Following extensive public consultation, our plans including a residential development, a new hospital offering operating theatres, inpatient beds, day case surgery, diagnostics and outpatient services were backed by the Royal Borough and Windsor and Maidenhead's planners. This will secure hospital services at Heatherwood for future generations. Building work is due to start in the autumn of 2018.
And it doesn’t stop there…
- We have invested £1m at Wexham Park Hospital in a new catheter lab to support our 24/7 emergency heart attack service.
- We have improved facilities for maternity and women's services at Wexham Park Hospital, include en-suite rooms, a transitional care area where babies that need a little more support can stay with mum, extra birthing pools, and separate facilities for antenatal and gynaecology services
- We are match funding what you have raised already through Frimley Health Charity to develop a new breast care unit at Frimley Park Hospital.
- A new endoscopy unit and CT scanner recently opened at Heatherwood Hospital.
- We are spending millions of pounds in general improvements and maintenance across the Wexham Park Hospital site to create a better environment.
- We are planning a new diagnostics scanning centre at Frimley Park Hospital to enhance our diagnostic services.
- We have opened Surrey's first acute renal (kidney) ward at Frimley Park Hospital.