We provide a comprehensive professional service for the trust, which includes clinical photography and videography.
Clinical photographers from our medical illustration team take clinical photographs and video that is used as a visual method to record patients' conditions. The images can be used to aid diagnosis or for documenting a patient's condition during various stages of their treatment.
Our clinical photographers all work to standardised guidelines, protocols and codes of conduct set out by the NHS, Institute of Medical Illustrators and Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Photography is undertaken by enhanced DBS checked qualified clinical photographers working for Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust.
Clinical images (photographs or videos) can be included in a patient's healthcare record and may be used for diagnosis, monitoring a condition or planning further treatment. They may also be used for clinical teaching or publication but only with the patient's consent.
Medical photography takes place in our studios, on our wards and in our theatres. The studios are located in the yellow zone at Frimley Park Hospital and in the green zone at Wexham Park Hospital.
- Your consultant or healthcare provider will have explained to you why they want to have photographs taken.
- Call to book an appointment with your relevant department. Appointments can be arranged on the same day as the referral if a member of staff is available.
- Please bring your clinical photography form with you for our records.
- If you wish you can bring a friend or relative with you for support. A chaperone can be organised on request. A choice of male or female photographer will also be offered.
- Appointments usually take no more than 15 minutes, but this will depend on the photographs requested.
Clinical photographer: Mark Foster (manager)
Clinical photographer: Caroline Green
Trainee clinical photographer: Serena Simpson
Our photographers are registered by the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS) and are fully qualified clinical photographers. The AHCS register is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Monday to Friday 9am - 1pm 2pm - 4.30pm