The pathology services for this Trust are provided by Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services.
Berkshire and Surrey Pathology Services (BSPS) is a NHS contractual joint venture between the following NHS Foundation Trusts:
- Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals
- Frimley Health
- Royal Berkshire
- Royal Surrey County Hospital
Each hospital benefits from a complete pathology service, delivered through a shared service model across the network.
BSPS is administered by a unitary management and governance Structure. Laboratory services meet the requirements of the following:
- 15189:2012 and ISO 17403 standards
- The Human Tissue Act (HTA)
- The Blood Safety and Quality Regulations (EU Blood Directive)
- MHRA (Eu GMP) standards
- And other statutory and regulatory requirements applicable across all permanent and associated facilities.
BSPS are dedicated to the delivery of excellence in the provision of pathology services within all aspects of healthcare, and deliver the highest standards of service to clinicians and patients.