Our innovative urology department covers the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the bladder, kidney, ureters, prostate and male reproductive organs.
The department offers state-of-the-art Urolift, green light laser and aqua-ablation treatment to men with benign prostatic enlargement, as well as minimal access treatment of stones with laser or via percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
We also have a lithotripter to break up stones in an outpatient setting.
The department utilises modern technology in managing bladder cancer patients, such as narrow band imaging and enhanced methods to deliver chemotherapy.
Both Frimley Park and Wexham Park have inpatient wards, while there are short stay beds at Heatherwood Hospital. A posterior tibial nerve stimulation clinic is also held at Heatherwood.
Care for cancer patients is based at the Royal Surrey County Hospital and Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, where major pelvic cancer surgery takes place.
Clinical sessions are held at Frimley Park, Wexham Park, Heatherwood in Ascot, King Edward VII in Windsor, St Mark’s in Maidenhead, and Bracknell Forest and Chalfont.
The urology department at Frimley Park Hospital is a tertiary referral centre for kidney cancer surgery for the Surrey and Sussex region.
All our consultant urologists offer subspecialist interests, with particular expertise in the following areas:
- Andrology (specialist care for men's health issues such as erectile dysfunction and fertility issues)
- Blue light cystoscopy and bladder cancer treatment
- BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia – a benign increase in the size of the prostate)
- da Vinci pyloplasty (kidney surgery
- Genito urinary prolapse
- High intensity focused ultrasound (visually directed) for prostate cancer
- Hypospadias, an abnormal opening of the male urethr
- Laparoscopic (minimally invasive, or keyhole surgery) and robotic renal (kidney) surgery
- Large renal cancer and partial nephrectomy
- Laser and flexible ureteroscopy for stone disease
- Laser surgery and men’s health
- Multi-parametric MRI and targeted prostate biopsy using template biopsy and fusion software (prostate cancer diagnosi
- Paediatric urology
- Pelvic lymph node dissection
- Posterior tibial nerve stimulation
- Prostatitis (inflammation of prostate gland) and pelvic pain
- Radical prostatectomy
- Stone surgery
- Transobturator tapes to support the urethra for stress incontinence
- Upper urinary tract stone disease
- Urogynaecology, including the management of urinary incontinence and pelvic floor problems
How to contact us
Frimley Park Hospital via switchboard on 0300 614 5000
Wexham Park Hospital - ward 7 - 0300 615 3808