The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre can provide information, guidance and support to all patients with a cancer diagnosis and at any stage of treatment.
We are also there to support your family, friends, carers and other health and social care professionals.
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre is based at the main entrance to Wexham Park Hospital.
The Centre offers a drop in service or appointments and is staffed by a Macmillan cancer information manager, a Macmillan information assistant, and several trained volunteers and we are open most weekdays.
Macmillan opening times:
Our usual opening times are:
Monday: appointments only
Out of hours appointments can be made with the manager Nicola Neale.
See below document for when our opening times may have been changed due to staff training or holidays:
April / May 2019
How we can help:
- We have a range of written information about all aspects of cancer from Macmillan Cancer Support and all the major cancer charities
- We have audio, video and easy to read information and access to many translated leaflets
- We can listen to your concerns and help you to find the information or support that you need
- We can give you details about support groups or local wellbeing programmes or other organisations that may be helpful depending upon your needs
- We can help with filling in forms for financial help and refer you to our specialist Macmillan advisors if needed.
- We can communicate with your key worker (usually your cancer clinical nurse specialist, CNS) or others involved with your care as necessary
- We can help with communication between members of your family or other members or your care team (your GP, social worker or community nurse) if required or requested.
For more information please contact:
Nicola Neale, Macmillan Cancer Information and Support manager: 07920503349
Nicola or Patricia Thornhill (Macmillan information assistant) on 01753 634886 or 01753 634032 (Tuesday – Friday. We have an answerphone and will get back to you as soon as possible)
Urgent information needs: Macmillan Cancer Support: 0808 808 00 00 or Nicola takes out of hours calls.
or email us : email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter at: @hwphcancerinfo
Other helpful Information:
For other support that we can help with and give you information about see the links below:
- Exercise and nutrition
- Free prescriptions
- Travel and car parking
- Easy read
- Different languages
- British Sign language
If you would like to volunteer for Frimley Health Trust at the Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre, Wexham Park Hospital please call us on 01753 634886 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancer charities support
Web links for a range of specific charities or information pages from Cancer Research UK or the NHS website or Macmillan Cancer Support.