The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre can provide information, guidance and support to all patients with a cancer diagnosis and at any stage of treatment.
We are also there to support your family, friends, carers and other health and social care professionals.
The Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre is based at the main entrance to Wexham Park Hospital.
The Centre offers a drop in service or appointments and is staffed by a Macmillan cancer information & support officer and several trained volunteers and we are open most weekdays.
Macmillan opening times:
Our usual opening times are:
You may also call the centre, where you can leave a message on 01753 634886
How we can help:
- We have a range of written information about all aspects of cancer from Macmillan Cancer Support and all the major cancer charities
- We have audio, video and easy to read information and access to many translated leaflets
- We can listen to your concerns and help you to find the information or support that you need
- We can give you details about support groups or local wellbeing programmes or other organisations that may be helpful depending upon your needs
- We can help with filling in forms for financial help and refer you to our specialist Macmillan advisors if needed.
- We can communicate with your key worker (usually your cancer clinical nurse specialist, CNS) or others involved with your care as necessary
- We can help with communication between members of your family or other members or your care team (your GP, social worker or community nurse) if required or requested.
For more information please contact:
Caroline Holmes or Kavita Tailor on
01753 634886 or 01753 634032 -
Monday–Friday 9am-4pm (answerphone available at weekends and we will return your call as soon as possible)
For out of hours/weekend advice or more immediate information needs, please call the Macmillan Cancer Support Line on Freephone 0808 808 00 00 8am-8pm, 7 days a week or go to website www.macmillan.org.uk.
Other helpful Information:
For other support that we can help with and give you information about see the links below:
- Exercise and nutrition
- Free prescriptions
- Travel and car parking
- Easy read
- Different languages
- British Sign language
If you would like to volunteer for Frimley Health Trust at the Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre, Wexham Park Hospital please call us on 01753 634886 or email us on email@example.com
Cancer charities support
Web links for a range of specific charities or information pages from Cancer Research UK or the NHS website or Macmillan Cancer Support.