Our pharmacists at Frimley Health are experts in medicines and their uses and ensure that our patients get the maximum benefit from their medicines.
We offer the following services to wards, departments and patients:
- Antibiotics pharmacist
- Anticoagulant team (for Warfarin patients)
- Aseptic unit (for chemotherapy)
- Dispensary services – inpatient, outpatient and discharge dispensing are available
- Homecare medication service - certain specialist medicines for long term treatments are delivered directly to patients’ homes. All arrangements for such supplies are arranged through pharmacy in conjunction with the treating physician and with the consent of the patient.
Pharmaceuticals distribution service
Please note that the hospitals' pharmacy departments do not dispense prescriptions issued by GPs (green GP FP10 forms) at any time. Please visit your local pharmacy.
Medicines information service
The pharmacy medicines information service is available to support healthcare professionals and patients and to provide advice and information on the use of medicines within the trust. This covers a range of queries, for example:
- Administration and dosage
- Adverse effects
- Availability and supply
- Choice of therapy
- Drugs in pregnancy and breast feeding
- Complementary medicines
- Substance misuse
How to contact us
Frimley dispensary: 01276 604727
Frimley medicines information service for healthcare professionals: 01276 604744
Frimley medicines information service for patients: 01276 526751
Wexham dispensary: 01753 633289
The pharmacy departments at both Frimley Park and Wexham Park hospitals are open as follows:
Monday to Friday: 9am to 7pm
Weekends: 9.30am to 4pm
Outside of normal opening hours, an on-call pharmacist is available via switchboards.