Our pharmacists at Frimley Health are experts in medicines and their uses and ensure that our patients get the maximum benefit from their medicines.
We offer the following services to wards, departments and patients:
- Antibiotics pharmacist
- Anticoagulant team (for Warfarin patients)
- Aseptic unit (for chemotherapy)
- Dispensary services – inpatient, outpatient and discharge dispensing are available
- Homecare medication service - certain specialist medicines for long term treatments are delivered directly to patients’ homes. All arrangements for such supplies are arranged through pharmacy in conjunction with the treating physician and with the consent of the patient.
Pharmaceuticals distribution service
Please note that the hospitals' pharmacy departments do not dispense prescriptions issued by GPs (green GP FP10 forms) at any time. Please visit your local pharmacy.
Medicines information service
The pharmacy medicines information service is available to support healthcare professionals and patients and to provide advice and information on the use of medicines within the trust. This covers a range of queries, for example:
- Administration and dosage
- Adverse effects
- Availability and supply
- Choice of therapy
- Drugs in pregnancy and breast feeding
- Complementary medicines
- Substance misuse
If you are travelling abroad please plan in advance if you need to take medication or medical devices with you.
Depending on your destination, rules regarding types and quantity of medications may vary, therefore, it is important that you check with the embassy for the country or countries that you are visiting before you depart. If you take any controlled medications, liquid medications or need to take medical devices with you, further information may be sought via the following links:
Can I take my medicine abroad?
Hand luggage restrictions at UK airports - Essential medicines and medical equipment
Travelling with medicine containing a controlled drug