General surgery involves a whole range of different surgical procedures performed by an expert surgeon with a wide variety of skills.
Our consultant surgeons at Frimley Health sub-specialise in gastrointestinal, vascular, breast, endocrine and paediatric surgery.
We have state-of-the-art operating theatres providing specialist minimally-invasive surgery, including robotic surgery.
Frimley Health is a pioneer of the 'enhanced recovery programme' in colorectal surgery and offers a patient-centred approach with a consultant-led service and an excellent safety record. Frimley Park Hospital's breast unit boasts one of the best survival rates for breast cancer in the UK, treating around 230 new patients with breast cancer each year. We also run a combined oncology / breast clinic called the Parapet at King Edward VII Hospital in Windsor.
Common procedures offered include:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surveillance programme
- Arterial reconstruction within a multi-disciplinary diabetic limb salvage service
- Breast surgery
- Colorectal and gastrointestinal surgery, including cancer surgery
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Fast track carotid surgery for patients suffering from stroke and
- Transischaemic attack (TIA)
- Gastroesophageal reflux surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Minimally invasive arterial surgery
- Minimally invasive venous surgery
- Obesity surgery
- Paediatric surgery
- Sentinel node biopsy in breast
- Surgery for thoracic outlet syndromes
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis
- Vascular surgery
We run outpatient clinics at Wexham Park Hospital, Frimley Park Hospital, Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot, King Edward VII Hospital in Windsor, St Mark’s Hospital Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest, Chalfont St Peter, Aldershot Centre for Health, Farnham Hospital and Fleet Hospital.
Short stay, day surgery and inpatient surgery are provided at Frimley Park, Heatherwood and Wexham Park.
How to contact us
- Frimley Park via switchboard on 0300 614 5000
- Wexham Park Ward 7 (inpatients) on 0300 615 3131
- Wexham appointments on 0300 615 3701